Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Most Likely to Have a Cell Phone and NEVER Answer It

Miss Kylie nominated me for this. I am very deserving of this title. I may answer the sixth time you call me, but not before then.

Today was no exception.

I was supposed to work this morning. I reset my alarm this morning because I wanted more sleep.My mom told me I had to bring my cell phone, but like a good girl, I did not turn it on. I had to go to the bank before work. I went to the bank. I drove to work. As I get closer I start to think that all the houses are very dark. We had a nasty wind storm yesterday, so it was not terribly surprising. I drove up the Cedar Springs hill. I go into the lounge; it was cold. No power. I walk down the hall. The office door is locked. So, like a good girl, I broke in. No one was there. It is dark. And icky. And lonely. And scary.

I wait 10 minutes for my coworker to show up. I try calling my boss. No answer. Finally, I decide to call my mom.

"Mom, no one is here."
"I have been trying to call you for 45 minutes! Don't you have your cell phone?"
"Yes, but it is off."
"Melissa!! Ach! Well, Doris called and you are not working today because the power is off."

Apparently.

Ah well, my lesson really is learned now. My cell phone is charging as I write this.

It was not a bad thing. I got a nice drive in. It was good to get up early. And I get another day off. :)

You may notice that I changed up my blog. Yay!

I leave you with "Bibbidi, Bobiddi, Boo" from Cinderella...sung in Hebrew. Thanks to Lindsay for posting something similiar on her blog and piquing my curiosity.




Cheerio!

4 comments:

Gail said...

yay, Mellie! I'm glad its charging......


But its RIGHT BEFORE I leave so, thats not cool. It'd better be all charged for when I get back cause you are getting a phone call, like the first day!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, fun video! And cute new layout! I like it! :D

Miss Liss said...

Yes, Ky. I shall charge it.

Thanks, Lindsay!! Looking at your blog inspired me. :)

Anonymous said...

You are funny Melissa!

~Cheryl